Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My New Bundle of Love



So coming to college was the first time I ever lived without any pets. Fish are they only thing allowed in the residence halls, so in my third term, I invested in my first beta fish.




Over the next few months my tank grew and so did my population-- I had guppies, sharks, plecos, and I even grew my own plants. But, fish just weren't doing it for me. I grew up with dogs, which are pretty much the antithesis of fish.




So this year when I moved out of the res hall, I was determined to get something warm and fuzzy. Most Philadelphia housing doesn't allow dogs, so my options were limited to those animals smaller than a cat. So what could I get that was as fun as a dog but smaller than a cat?




This past weekend I got my very own ferret : ) His name is Kiko and he's a 6 month old baby. He's very adorable, is quite the snuggler, and loves to explore. Most people think ferrets are just bundles of trouble, but they are actually very intelligent and very trainable. I mean, he's already learned how to open his cage in a few short days : )




I'm very excited to have him and it's nice to have a new face around my apartment.

1 comment:

Brian said...

You're crazy... fyi.