Wednesday, August 20, 2008

DNC

So for the past few days I've been avidly watching the DNC coverage the moment I get home until it concludes for the night. It's been fairly interesting thus far-- Hillary's speech was so intriguing and loaded with all of the "right" things. Michelle Obama was my favorite speaker by far though-- in many cases, I would actually prefer to watch her instead of her husband! I did, however, see Mr. Obama speak this past Spring on the lawn of the Constitution center right here in Philadelphia (about a 20 min walk from campus). Seeing Obama speak was one of the most invigorating experiences of my life, and thanks to Drexel and their VIP tickets they had to the speech, I had the opportunity to be directly involved in the political process.

I'm very excited to see what November brings. If you're 18 come November, regardless of your politcial preference, be sure to register to vote and have your voice heard!. Rockthevote.com is a great place to register fast, or you can pick up an application at your local post office or DMV. You can also register to vote in PA when you get to Drexel-- you don't have to be a resident of PA to vote in PA. If you prefer to register in your home state, make sure to request that absentee ballot.

No comments: